Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Big Day For The Cavitt's!

Teamwork = Results!

Chad and I have always kind of shared a brain. Finishing one another's sentences, humming the same tunes, touching base at the same time kinda thing. We have just always meshed. Well yesterday marked the day that we joined forces and made our first official decision together as a married couple!




We're Moving!

Of course Chad will be moving before I get there but we're going to have a fresh start together. We've rented a three bedroom house that is actually off the same road he currently lives on. He'll still be close to his son, his daughter won't have to change schools, close to town, his work and best of all - we get to make it all our own - together!

I'll be involved remotely for the time being but I am oh so excited! The place has a bizarre layout but so much character. It's an old farmhouse located on a huge, secluded piece of land. There is only one neighbour anywhere near by. The rest are fields, forests and even a natural spring =)

Best part? We're five minutes from town! Our own private oasis that is a hop, skip and a jump away from everything we need.


I've been browsing the net for the past couple weeks, not really looking but keeping an eye out. We were quite restricted to possibilities because there wasn't a lot available that fit our criteria so when I came across the ad yesterday online - it seemed almost too good to be true. I contacted the woman who placed the add, we exchanged some emails, Chad called the Owner of the house - one more thing led to another thing and Chad sent in the deposit today!

Needless to say, it's going to be a very busy month for Chad because we take possession on December 1st. He has to pack his current house up, finish the repairs he was making, clean-up the joint, visit me in Canada and then skedaddle his cute little behind back to Kentucky to move ship!

But how exciting?!?! The photos posted here aren't great shots as the current tenants are in the midst of mov ing. Some are from Chad's phone and others are from one of the tenants when THEY moved in.

But yeah - My husband and I joined forces yesterday. Made a big decision and we're both incredibly excited to start our lives together! With Chad's handiness, my decorative touch and a little bit of love - we're going to make this a beautiful HOME.

I just wish I could be more a part of it. Though knowing Chad, he'll stop at no ends to ensure I am included. Oh, and our bedroom? Has a fireplace! Wee!

He's Good Like That!
Until Next Time
Shan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

omgggggawd!! im so happy for u both!

this is AWSOMEEEEELY PROPR MINT NEWS!!!! hehehehe

wooooooooooot!!!!

welcome home chadella!!!!

stariooooo!!! xxxxxxxx love u guys <3

Cari said...

Hi Shannon,

I saw your blog on facebook and had to check it out. You guys make such an adorable couple! Congrats on the new house and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes smoothly with immigration. I know what a pain it can all be! Keep us posted on the progress...

C.

Anonymous said...

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw!!! I'm so excited for the both of you!

Kimmie