Monday, November 8, 2010

This Feels Weird - But You Asked...

Prays for Non-Tackiness!

So, here's the deal. I'll be straight up. I feel absolutely ridiculous posting this because I don't want it to come across the wrong way. Due to the nature of our relationship and how we met - Chad and I have a lot of virtual friends. Some of which we were fortunate to meet, some we'll meet in the future. A few of these friends have mentioned wanting to give Chad and I wedding gifts.

On another occassion, something happened that truly touched Chad and I. After reading our blog, a friend from across the pond sent me a message on Facebook. The message contained the sweetest well wishes and a genuine understanding of not only how heart wrenchingly difficult being apart is, but also how financial limitations puts a strict barrier on 'togetherness'. The compassion was enough to bring a tear to mind, nevermind her desire to help us out.

A Touching Moment

I mean, obviously I feel weird entertaining the idea of people 'helping' as there are folks far worse off in this world than I am ... but more than that, I was so incredibly moved that someone I had never met, would be so thoughtful and caring as to extend their heart like that to us. To that special person, seriously... thank you so much for just being THAT kind.

The Button

So - I put up the donation button thing there for PayPal. It's off in the upper left hand side. I don't know the appropriate way to even handle this or tell people about it. Ha. I'm twenty shades of red. Seriously.

If any of our friends out there wanted to do this... whether it be 10 cents or 10 dollars - I just want you to know how incredibly kind I think you are. To even WANT to do. No one ever has to gift us a cent, but if you do ... the option is there. I'll thank you on this blog or keep it private if you prefer.

But to those people out there, and you know who you are, that wanted to do this. It's really special ... so Thank-You...

Until Next Time,
Shan

4 comments:

Jules said...

I hope your "together for forever" starts real soon. I'm only 150 miles from my love and that's hard enough so can't imagine what you guys are going through. Wishing you both many years of happiness together.

Jules x

Anonymous said...

Not tacky at all. Your friends love you. Virtual or not. Although I have not hit the lottery, I clicked the button....because I love you...and your love story...and I want you to be a Yankee soon too! xoxoxo

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

hey thank goodness you sorted this out...i so want you two to be together as a "proper family". That day i seen you both in chat on cam together brought tears to my eyes as you could see just how much in love you two are...i honestly believe there is only one soulmate that we meet in our lifetime..trust me i know from experience the day i lost mine to cancer. yes i have a new relationship, but its called moving on and taking each day at a time...YOU TWO ARE SOULMATES! and i seen that for my own eyes..Im not a rich bitch lol but my god i will do everything within my power to see you two spending time together until you can live together till your grey and old.

laurax!! x

Charity (VJ) said...

To my VJ buddy... that was a touching post and I think it's a great idea to find a way to make it easy for people to "help" love get connected. It's so hard to wait and even harder to have a visit, then turn around and say goodbye again.

It's worth the wait, but the right now sucks so much. I hope you are able to make the most of your next visit.

~Charity