Sunday, August 29, 2010

Going To The Lighthouse And We're....

We're Back Online!

It was a long few days but Chad is finally back online. And with that the planning resumes! This will probably come as a bit of a shock to those who aren't part of our innercircle of friends - but - we're getting married next month!

"Going to the chap... Umm.. Going to the lighthouse and we're... gonna get married!"

Surprise! I'm not all that traditional so I am beyond pleased to surpass the ole' time traditions of churches, big crowds, fancy dinners and bridal parties. We've opted for a small, intimate - yet romantic - civil type ceremony at Lighthouse Landing Resort.


The romanticism behind the location is a desire to begin our lives together by blending both worlds. Nova Scotia is known for their lighthouses - so what better place to tie the knot than a lighthouse in Kentucky? Okay, I can't take any credit for this at all. It was 100% Chad's idea. He's the romantic one. He also wants to do it at sundown - oh so gorgeous. Pray for good weather!





I've made reservations at Lake Barkley Lodge for our wedding night but I'm having second thoughts. I've scoured every inch of the Internet for quaint Bed & Breakfasts', romantic cottages or a fancy lodges but haven't found anything I was truly happy with. I'm being picky. Some would say - a snob!

A lot of places are either too expensive (not worth the value), doesn't have the ambiance I am looking for (ugly decor - like thrift shop blankets) or has a minimum night requirement for booking.

So, I went with this joint. It looks really nice. Just - not romantic. Any suggestions on how to make the most of a honeymoon night that doesn't require too much time to implement and that is economical? We've got the candles, petals, music, wine, and such covered. I'm talking more about ambiance I suppose. So it doesn't feel like we're just in a hotel room. Any ideas?

So Yeah - If you read this? Comments would be cool (but sign your name). We want to share our journey with our friends and would love you input on stuff!

Right Now?
Chad's asleep.I'm watching.

Is that creepy? Or Sweet?


Until Next Time,
Shan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it is absolutely weird Shannon................lmao Awwwwww I love you baby

Shannon said...

LMAO! Whatever, Mr. I'll-Leave-My-Cam-On-So-You-Can-Watch! lol

Chad said...

ha ha I have a login

Chad said...

yipppppeeeeeee


shower cam is my favorite

Jasmeine Moonsong said...

Congratulations!!!! yayyyyy it's official so I can say yayyyyyyy officially :))))))) Super super happy for the two of you ;) Sincerely :))) And as for watching him sleep think it's sweet :)))) Makes the distance not seem as large with little things like that. I wish you both a long very happy future together. :))) Big Hugs and lotsa love

Jasmeine Moonsong said...

ROFL just saw the shower cam comment! :P

Anonymous said...

i think its sweet watchin him sleep..and fo the ambience...all u need is both of u there..nothing else...everything around u will just disappear...as u gaze in to each othas eyes and become one..you wont even rememba what ur surroundings are...if u would like a suggestion fo what u will listen to while you are in each othas arms...a cd of waterfalls or wispering winds ..or waves comes to mind...the music is already a part of your souls..and the music of love will be playing in your hearts...no real music is needed..u will be making your own...xoxoxo pudge