Monday, August 30, 2010

I Do. I Think?

Erm. So yeah. Vows.

Traditional? Write Our Own? Just skip the formalities, make it as short as possible and say; "Do Ya? Yes... I Do!"

I have no idea.
What do you think?

Chad wants it short & sweet. He proclaims to writing the sweetest proposal ever (And I tend to agree!) and can't possibly be expected to top it with wedding vows! ha ha ha. I want the ceremony to be special and memorable (because afterall, it's my first and only time I'll ever go through something like this - right?) but as short as humanly possible. Seriously. Short, short, short.


Didn't think I'd mention his sweet as candy proposal and not share it did you? Silly.

The Proposal

---

I'm here before you with the only thing left i can give you.

It's not my love. You've had that from the first time I saw your perfect smile. It lit up the room and the look in your eyes made me feel like I was home, where I was always meant to be. Getting to really know you has been the most fulfilling experience I've had. I have found the other half of my heart thus making me feel complete. Therefore you've had my love.

It's not my heart. You've had that since I decided to let you come into my world. Making the decision to let myself go completely. No walls, no reservations. You completely had my heart when we met. I looked into your eyes, held you in my arms and kissed your lips.

It's not my soul. You've had that from the moment I took your hand in mine and our fingers interlocked with such a perfect fit that it seemed as though I was holding air. A sensation flowed through my body and filled me with such a peace that again, I knew I was complete.

It's not my passion. I've wanted you from the moment I first saw you. When our lips first touched and we kissed, tingles raced through my body and as I took in the air you exhaled, it brought new life and fire to an old tired soul. I felt relief and again, I felt complete.

It's not my life. Because honestly it began with you and I can't remember it before you or imagine it without you.

It's not my friendship. We've laughed, cried and talked for hours on end as though we've known each other forever and somehow we've been walking through life together only unable to see each others footsteps. Those steps that have led us to where we are now.

So Shannon, all I have left to give you is forever and my name...

Shannon, Will you marry me?


---
Hehe! In case you were wondering? I said YES!

Until Next Time,
Shan

3 comments:

Jasmeine Moonsong said...

absolutely covered in goosebumps. :))) Beautiful ;) Funny enough I was researching twin souls this afternoon and now I'm reading your blog ;) Everything happens for a reason :) ;) Told you he'd come to you eventually :))) Big Hugs <3

Shannon said...

Hehehe! He's got a way with words eh!? and Hmmm.. Twin Souls... What would those be defined as? And yes... He was definitely worth waiting for! =)))))))

Anonymous said...

omg what a proposal..how wondaful is that ...i have tears streaming down my face ...so so beautiful...ur both so amazing...congratulations..loves to u both ..xoxoxo pudge