Friday, September 17, 2010

Best Birthday Ever!



I Never Thought I'd Enjoy 30!

I turned dirty-thirty yesteday and while I don't consider myself vain when it comes to age, the thought of leaving my twenties kind of depressed me.

But - how could I be anything less than thrilled when getting to spend this gawd-awful event with the love of my life?

First and foremost, my friends from SingSnap got together and created me the most fabulous Birthday Page adorned with tons of songs just for me! :) There is also a thread where such beautiful words were written. I was touched, humbled and moved beyond belief. My lovely husband-t0-be (omg that sounds weird) brought just about everyone to tears with the beautiful words he wrote. I'll share them on the blog in the next post.

During the evening, my darling dearest cooked me the best. dinner. ever. So tasty. I haven't the faintest clue how I'll ever get up the nerve to cook for someone who clearly knows his way around the kitchen. Oy!

Anyways, look how sexy he looks being domestic!


The cake (seen above) is a Strawberry Cheesecake from Dairy Queen. To Die For. Chad also brought his oldest daughter Ashley over and it was really nice getting to spend some time with her.

Anyways, I really want to show you guys something else - Ready for it?




Still Ready?




Okay...


Here Goes...







The Ring!


Isn't it lovely? When he first placed it on my finger it was too big but I thought, better big than small. Then upon waking the next morning my finger was swollen to the max. Long story short, I "thought" I might have been allergic to the white gold but after a few days of letting the swelling going down and such, alls well! So yay!!!

One Week from today and I'll be getting ready to be a married woman! Eeek!

Until Next Time,
Shan

2 comments:

Jasmeine Moonsong said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! The ring is absolutely beautiful!!! :)))))) Wowwwwww Shan ;) :))))))) I'm so excited for both of you. Shan I love seeing you so happy :)))) Know you had a very Happy Birthday! :)))) Love ya my girl :))))))) Huge hugs

Anonymous said...

I am sooo soooo sorry I missed your birthday...I neva got a message so I am leaving you one here ..Happy belated birthday mu girl..I know it was awesome..I can see that he he he..mucho loves to u..xoxoxo pudge