Sunday, September 5, 2010

To Sand Or Not To Sand...

Unity Sand Ceremony

Chad and I are having a quick, intimate ceremony at the lighthouse, so since there won't be many materialistic objects to serve as memorabilia, the thought of a sand ceremony seemed like a perfect fit.

However, now I am second guessing the decision. Want to know why? I'll tell you.



1. Price.

These things just aren't cheap and well - I am. ha ha Everything is happening so fast, there really hasn't been time to effectively save money for these additional expenses, so I'm trying to make the entire thing memorable - yet economical.

2. Logistics.

Has anyone out there performed this kind of ceremony? How does it work? We're not exactly going to have a table or anything to hold the vases and such so we will be dependent upon the family to assist and I just don't know if that will make everything more awkward and or be more trouble than it's worth. What if it's windy. Will the sand just blow all over the place? I don't want it to be as if we're spreading someone's ashes. ha!

Thoughts are appreciated. (I'm humoring myself that people read this ;)!)

Moving On.

Let's see if you can count. Ready?

1 --- 2 --- 3 --- 4 --- DAYS!

Yep, four days until I make the trek down south into the land of the free! Send good vibes for a stress free flight and marvelous 'home-coming'. I cannot wait until I am able to see Chad again. I'm so sexcited! Yes, I said it!

Until Next Time,
Shan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for u both...Endless love is something to behold...hold on to every memory..cherish it..nurture it...much loves to u both...xoxoxo Pudge