Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Life Is ....

Wonderful & Hard - All At The Same Time!

My loving husband was here for the weekend and it was so amazing to be with him again. It was perfectly poetic that we received notice of approval for our petition while he was here too. It just doesn't get any better than that =)

Naturally, saying good-bye to him was utterly painful. =( Once we parted ways - well I've barely stopped crying. I was trying to figure out how I was getting home from the airport and every time I went to open my mouth and ask for assistance, I'd break down. The people at the airport were great though and what started out as an annoying/impossible voyage home, actually turned out to be a benefit for me.

We had rented a car this weekend and accidentially forgot to return the keys when we returned the car. Needless to say, that sucked. lol The car rental place was very far from me in terms of a bus route and I *really* didn't want to ask for anymore favours.

I know, dropping off keys shouldn't be a big deal but it seems lately, some folks don't like to be bothered. They ignore requests or simply don't phone back and let you know but whatever. Thankfully there's still a few folks out there who don't mind helping. And I appreciate them more than words can express!

Anyways, so I took the shuttle down to the waterfront and since I had about 30 minutes until my bus, I waved down a cab and did a quick drop-off of the keys!

Our Weekend:

Was way too short. His flight was delayed from Nashville and missed the connection so he got in about 10 hours later than he should have. It was a very stressful night for my love =( But when he finally got here... *sigh*

Thursday, we tracked down a car, went to Halifax to the mall, out for dinner, and back home. I can't really remember what else. I believe I had a showing on Friday and Saturday. We went for lunch, to our friends Reagan and Liam's for dinner. Had a few drinks, sang a few songs, watched a movie. Well, tried to. I fell asleep! It was perfect just being able to be together, within reach.

Chad, of course, did some repairs around my house and uh yeah, other stuff. My memory is failing me completely. Needless to say, it came and went way too fast. I miss him terribly, my heart is so empty without him...

BUT ... We took a giant leap closer to our goal this weekend and it was incredible to be re-united with him AND to share that experience while sitting next to one another! So YAY!


Chad Bought Us Matching Shirts!

Hehe!
Until Next Time!
Shan

No comments: