Friday, May 13, 2011

Frustrated Beyond Belief

I'm Trying To Remain Positive

I received another checklist letter from the immigration office today. This time they requested my Police Clearance Certificate. Well, if you remember from my previous post - I've already submitted that about ten times by now. Originally on April 12, 2011.

So I re-submit and call the NVC to find out what was wrong with the one I already submitted. They have no idea as apparently no one makes note. They didn't inform me in their letter and the only way I can find out is to submit an inquiry and check back in 10-15 business days.

Seriously?

With tears streaming down my face - I just want to be in my husband's arms. Why is this so difficult and moreso, why does it take so much time?

She said, the usual reason is they sometimes require people to get finger prints. I said huh? I asked specifically If I need finger prints ahead of time and I was told they would take them at the interview. Great, Fine. HUH?

I am doing electronic processing - what on God's Green Earth is a scanned copy of my finger prints going to do? What's that going to achieve?


Made no sense to me. (Stick with the story, there is more). So I call the Halifax Police and explain to them what I need (Yes, crying hysterically on the phone because at this point I honestly can't compose myself anymore.) I was told to bring all of my paperwork and they would figure out what I needed.

Again, logically - it makes absolutely no sense to me what good my finger prints will do. Who, employed by the NVC is going to be able to verify anything from a copy of my finger prints.

But I go to the police station anyways. But not before reviewing all of my information. And what did I find?

Certificate Expiration: May 3, 2011.

Seriously? My fucking police expired a week ago. Seriously.

So now I'm torn. Do I just need a new certificate, or do I need finger prints?!

They tell you to get this stuff in advance, so when you get 'the call', you're ready to go and prepared. Apparently I was a little too prepared? Or they took too long entering it into their system. It's been sitting with them for over a month. =( Just my luck they decide to review it a week after it's expired. You would think the submission date would count for something.

Fast Forward: I get to the Police Station - Explain to them what I think I need - show them the letter. They insist they can't help me and I need to go to someone else.

The Halifax Police, can't help me acquire a Criminal Record Check for US Immigration. Hear that folks? Yeah. Right. I'm reading this letter I received and I keep stopping at this line;

"Because records checks based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough than those based on fingerprints, U.S. diplomatic offices reserve the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches from the RCMP."

I don't need my goddamn fingerprints. I need a fingerprint-based search.

So I go find this other guy who can do it. $70 later it's been sent into the RCMP and within 72 hours they're supposed to fulfill the search and then mail me the results. Goodness knows when I can expect to receive them.

Thing is: I may not even really need one of these fancy searches. I probably just needed a certificate that wasn't expired. =( But I don't know for sure - so I am going on the side of caution and ordered this type. And I DO have a scanned copy of my fucking finger prints too - just in case.

I'm so frustrated. Not because of the time required to get this information, not because of the money ... but because this has delayed the process - yet again - another 2-6 weeks (or more). It's killing me... I just want to start my life with the man I love. I want to wake up in his arms every morning, see his face, touch him. Feel him close to me. And it seems so so so so far away.

=(

I miss Chad so much I cannot stand it. But I need to be positive. I need believe that God is in my corner and is going to make this happen. And I know.. I KNOW with absolutely certainty that it is going to be worth it. Chad Cavitt is worth it. I just hope I don't have an emotional/mental breakdown before I see him again....

Hopefully next time, I'll have better news =)
Shan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russ and I have been following your journey since it's inception. We are very sorry about all of the delays you have been having. Wow, it's just one thing after another, eh? It can be extremely overwhelming and as always we wish you two the best and hope that it is not long now until you can begin your new life together.
We have been there and know how hard it is just waiting and waiting.... our hearts are with you.

Arienne (& Russ)

C said...

I'm so sorry you are still having all the friggin hoops to jump through, I cannot even imagine the level of frustration you and Chad are feeling right now. Here's hoping there is SOON a light at the end of the tunnel and you can start your lives together in the same home soon!!!

Jasmeine Moonsong said...

omg hun :( So sorry you're going through all this. Whatta mess! I've heard of people getting lawyers to do all this for them and speed up the process? No clue what something like that would run but thought I'd pass it on. Hang in there sweetie. Least you know where you're going. You know he'll be there waiting for you. And one day you'll sit in his arms and look back on this time and tell him it was all worth it ;) Love ya :) Big Hugs