Friday, May 6, 2011

Congrats Dad & Nancy!

Congratulations!

As some of you may be aware, my father is also currently going through the immigration process. He met his wife, Nancy online quite a few years ago. She immigrated to Canada and has been here for the past 10+ years.

Recently, they decided to make the move back to Maine and started the immigration process shortly after Chad and I. Since she was living here at the time and have been married for awhile, they were able to take a different route (which was supposed to be waaay quicker) but unfortunately something-somewhere along the way got lost and they were delayed. However, good news has finally come and they are now able to schedule their Montreal interview!

WOO-HOO!!!

I know Chad and I are still a-ways off from that part ourselves but we're both very happy to hear 'some' good news on the immigration front! So GREAT NEWS guys!

Our Immigration Update:

We're still waiting. I am still frustrated. I feel like I am jumping through hoops but I have no idea if it's doing anything. This may seem foreign talk for anyone who isn't involved in the immigration process. But - I'm going to vent a little.

On April 9th I submitted my DS-260, which is basically a ton of questions about my intentions upon entering the USA, as well as my personal history. Work, travel, housing, etc.,

On April 12th I received confirmation and was able to submit my supporting documents. Birth Certificate, Police Clearance, Passport, Marriage Certificate, and Passport Photos. (Email Confirmation that it was received)

On April 26th I submitted my Affidavit of Support. (Email Confirmation that it was received)

On May 4th I received two emails stating that they've reviewed my application submitted online (DS-260) and provided me two checklists of documents/information to submit. What did they request? My supporting documents which I submitted on April 12th and my Affidavit of Support which I submitted on April 26th. (Email Confirmation that it was received)

Now they very clearly state that we have to give then up to 20 days to get the information entered into the database, so it's very likely they just haven't gotten it processed yet. But what made me nervous was there was a new 'rule' in there I hadn't seen previously.

They requested that I submit the above mentioned, include the checklist cover letter which they sent in the email and directed me to include our case number on the top of every single page submitted.

*Sniff* - *Sad Face*

Anyone who has any experience with PDFs knows that you can't 'write' on them (at least to my knowledge) I understand there *may* be PDF editors out there but I didn't have one. My only options were to either print off every page (60+) manually write the case number in the corner or just get creative.

If I printed everything off, wrote the number, re-scanned - the quality would be atrocious and I some of the things I have scanned in colour, such as Birth Certificate, photos, mirage certificate, etc.,

So I opted to get creative. After hours of trial and error and screwing up a few times in my emails to them, I believe I got everything they requested. I phoned the NVC to see if I actually was required to submit these things again, since I already had. I was instructed that provided I submitted the cover letter sheet they provided the first time around (which I did) I would be fine. But, to ease on the side of caution - I re-submitted everything anyways.

I'm sure they hate me. I've now sent like 5 copies of Support Documents and 2 or 3 copies of Affidavits of Support.

So then - On May 5th I got an email response to the very first email I wrote them on May 4th when I originally asked, "I already submitted this stuff" gave the dates and such. They're response to me was that my case file is incomplete and I have to send the information.

I'm assuming they didn't even check. So I wrote again and told them - again - I had already submitted everything and did it -again- just to be safe. Do I really have to resubmit everything - again ? Could they not check the email history and confirm if everything they need me to send thus far has been received?

Then I got;

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your correspondence.

We received electronic documentation for this case. The documentation will be reviewed and uploaded to your electronic case file."

So Now?

I wait.

Again.

I sure must love my husband because this process is stressing Me. OUT!

Ha Ha!
Until Next Time,
Shan

No comments: