Thursday, July 14, 2011

SOLD!

Finally
Four Long Agonizing Months
SOLD!

I am very happy to announce that another hurdle has been successfully cleared *knock on wood*! Provided nothing goes seriously wrong between now and September 6, 2011 (the closing date).

I just got off the phone with my awesometastic, wonderful Realtor and friend Sarah who happily shared that the deal is 'firm'! My knuckles are sore from knocking on wood! ha!

Anyways - I should just about break-even once I pay Reatlor fees, lawyer fees and the penalty for breaking my mortgage which is more than I was hoping for - AND - provided immigration goes well (yes, here it comes) *knock on wood* - Will be perfect timing to move down to the US of A!

If immigration doesn't go well =( I'll at least have a few weeks to find a new place to live until I figure out what to do. But pray for me. And Chad. That we make it and God continues to rain down love on us and pull us through this incredibly difficult journey!

Not many of you know, but I did have another offer a couple of months ago. The woman was ridiculously greedy and I had a bad feeling about it from the get-go. After negotiations she ended up absolutely needing to move the closing date to like two weeks PRIOR to her original, as opposed to two weeks AFTER her original which I wanted. Anyways, then after the inspection the greedy cow wanted another $2,000 off and I told her to go away. I know I haven't been in my house for many years but I don't want some hag living here.

This one felt good from the start. I ended up lowering the price of the house and got an offer the very next day. They were reasonable, I was reasonable and the inspection went well! They accepted my closing date which was perfect. So the morale of the story - I Love God! I've been waiting my whole life for a man like Chad and while this has definitely been a difficult process - God has been there helping us every step of the way and things have thus far worked out for the best. *knock on wood* that they continue to do so!

So - Let's celebrate! My House Is SOLD!

Until Next Time!
Shannon

No comments: