Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We Skipped Spring.

A few weeks ago I pondered when Spring would arrive. Apparently it decided to take a vacation and Summer swept in early. If this really is how Spring is going to feel, I have an inkling suspicion Summer is going to be hell on earth.

For the record - I'm not complaining. My friends and family to the north are still dealing with snow. While I miss Canada tremendously - snow? I don't miss one itsty bitsy teeny tiny little bit. Nope. Sure don't.

We had a nice family day on Saturday. I was going to take Brenden to a playground to play, enjoy some time outside. He came out to the car and told me Haven was coming. Next thing I knew, Chad trotted along behind her. It's moments like that, that being a Step-Mom and Wife feel great =)


We went to the playground, toured around town, did some grocery shopping and came home. I can't recollect what we did for the rest of the weekend but the beautiful sights and warm weather was definitely the highlight.




I absolutely love these trees they have down here. They bloom these gorgeous flowers before the leaves come out. They come in various shades of white, pink, red and purple!

I wish we had one in our yard but the neighbours will have to suffice. Speaking of which - we finally met one of our neighbours! Chad was pulling out of the driveway the other night and seen a lady cutting down some broken tree limbs with a hand saw. Being the southern gentleman that he is, he offered to cut it for her with his chainsaw when he got back from the store. She had said she wanted to come by but didn't have anything to bring (ha - too cute). Anyways, she welcomed us to the neighbourhood and was very sweet and polite.







The next day she knocks on the door with a gift in hand both to thank Chad and to officially welcome us! How absolutely awesome was that? I thought this shit only happened in the movies? It is absolutely delicious. Naturally Chad didn't want to share but he didn't have much of a choice. ;) The base was chocolate too. Yum. I need to try the whole baking thing again. I actually enjoy baking but I haven't practiced much yet. Chad bought me a mixer for Christmas so I reckon I should put it to good use, EH?







No comments: