Thursday, April 7, 2011

Okay, Okay! I'll Update!

This is For 'Charity'!

Yes, this entire post is dedicated to my Immigration buddy 'Charity'. ha ha! We're in the same situation and are basically on the same time-line. We crossed paths on Visa Journey, a website that is dedicated to the USA immigration process. It's basically developed and maintained by people who have gone through the ropes and want to assist others in making their journey as painless as possible. The community there is really great, supportive and has a lot of information on hand!

Currently I have paid the $88 fee and completed the DS-261 form. I've also applied and been approved for E-Processing. Montreal is the only place in North American that is part of the pilot programme, so if that is your consulate - definitely apply.

I've also paid the $404 fee and have completed my Visa Application. I am currently waiting on my Co-Sponsor and need to finish completing my husband's I-864. Once I submit that stuff (It'll be another week or so pending my Co-Sponsor), I really have NO clue what's next! lol

So, it's definitely moving which is a far cry from the 4+ months we spent waiting, waiting and waiting. I've heard that Montreal is quite backed up, so I want to get this stuff done ASAP in case we end up having to wait ages for an interview.

That's all for now!
Shan

2 comments:

charity said...

awwww thank you honey!!! i'm so glad i have a buddy to go through this with as well....

I just sent my I-864 today (53 pages!!!) and they "say" i can pay my $404 fee but the link won't work :(

SO odd that you paid the $404 and haven't sent the I-864 yet. oh what strange process!!

I'm so happy for you guys though and I am often inspired by your journey and it gives me hope for ours too.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am very glad that the website that I directed you to has been so helpful Shannon. Russ and I have been following your journey through the immigration process and as always we wish you and Chad all the best!

Love Arienne