Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oh. Em. Gee!


It's getting close. Very Very Close!

I am a closet pessimist. I don't necessarily live my life expressing how I think everything is going to go wrong, but I am always fearful - especially with this entire immigration/moving process - that some force beyond my control (or perhaps even within it caused by an oversight) is going to mess everything up. I guess it seems like my dreams are coming true and I'm just waiting for someone to say "The jokes on you sucker. Don't be silly, you don't get what you want." I think this fear keeps me from getting 'excited' or showing a substantial amount of happiness because surely something is going to rain on my parade. Right? Wrong.


I guess it comes down to having Faith in God, that he's always been watching out for me and that patience truly is a virtue. I am happy to report - I am getting excited!!!!!!!!! I just got off the phone with U-Haul (I was worried I wouldn't get a truck for some reason and they could never reassure me to my liking on the phone) and the operator confirmed that I would definitely get one. There are plenty in the area and has already sent my information to the area in which I'll need to pick it up! w00t! Between 9-10 AM at 460 Windmill Road!

I know I have done everything I knew to do and am doing the best I can. I just need to put faith back into Gods hands and trust everything is going to work out. I have all the necessary paperwork for crossing the border, I have my inventory list, I am nearly completely packed with plans in place for the last couple days. I have Patches' travel bag packed, mine and Chad's in the works - so now it's just a matter of more patience and time! If something happens, I know I am prepared to deal with it. But *knock on wood* everything goes according to plan!

Chad arrives in TWO days and we are set to depart in FOUR! It's absolutely insane - I just can't believe it!

In case this is my last opportunity to blog from Nova Scotia...


Farewell To Nova Scotia!

To say this is bittersweet is definitely the understatement of the year. Canada - Nova Scotia specifically - will always be my home. I never realized how much I loved this province until I left it and moved to Toronto for eight years.

The roots, the history, the family name will always be from here - even if we're all spread out over North America. I know I'll be back to visit my brother, his family and my extended family and I'll never, ever forget where I came from. It's made me who I am and I am very proud of that. The east coast, will forever hold a very special place in my heart.

On that note, I leave you with a song.
Farewell Nova Scotia

Until Next Time!

Shan!

No comments: