Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I Wish I Was Rich

 Obviously having an abundance of money would make a lot of things in life more simple (and perhaps more complicated too) but there are times I really wish I had a big bank account.

Something I really enjoy (I mean REALLY enjoy) is decorating, renovating and designing. Mind you, I've never actually done any of that in any major capacity but I find the idea absolutely fascinating. I am sure if I ever did take on a big project I would be quickly overwhelmed and have no idea where to begin.

But - it's still a fantasy of mine someday to have a house and an unlimited budget to decorate it as I see fit. What brought this to mind?

I've been following a blog of a friend of mine from University. Her name is Taylor and she is a Realtor. Her blog (Fresh Coat Of Paint) is about all things Real Estate, Decorating and Whatever else pops into her head. Lately, she is in the process of moving into her new home. She has recently sold her condo and posted some Before and After photos.

Woah! While I don't necessarily share her same taste in decor - she definitely has a fabulous eye! Everything she does looks so expensive! She mixes really unique and interesting pieces that I wouldn't even THINK to pair together.


Here's a sample. This was her dinning room BEFORE.

 
 Pretty typical Toronto Condo from what I've seen. Got to love those Parquet Floors (Cringe)

And - After!


First and foremost - straight out of a magazine eh? Sure, a professional photographer helps but you can't deny this style. A church pew. I mean really? Who would have thought a gosh dang church pew would make such a statement?

Then pair a rustic (and gorgeous) table with a cow hide rud and metallic chairs?! Throw in a classic white side board, respectable art and a fabulous light (Oh and killer curtains bunched at the floor) and you've got a stunning room. Eclectic. And it works so well.

Still? Not My Favorite!


As amazing as that room is, it's still not my favorite. I love the living room. Probably because I love red as an accent color. But before I ramble on: here's the Before! 

 
 And drum roll please... The After!

 

I mean, shut-up. Simplistic in the sense that there isn't a lot of furniture but each piece is so captivatingly interesting. Directors chairs, a furry blood red rug, vintage sofa, fabulous art - unique accessories = totally fabulous. I could never be comfortable in a room like this just because well - those chairs would never fit my big ass and I like to be consumed by furniture, not consume it. Too much glass = too many prints but I still absolutely love it.

 It makes me wish (very badly) that I was able to own my own home again and create my own art. I think my personal taste is more modern with a touch of rustic. Dark wood, metal art, big vases, clean lines. Comfortable and cozy but still stylish.

 Maybe some day. In the mean time, I am just going to live vicariously through Taylor's Blog. Before you leave the computer to return to your normal life, check out the rest of her Condo Pics. You won't regret it!

No comments: