Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How Do Bloggers Do It?

I didn't think it was that long ago that I had written but according to the time stamp - April 26th was the last day. How do Bloggers keep up with this? I don't get it.

I suppose a lot has happened since then. The big one being that Chad got really sick and was in the hospital. It was a horrible experience all the way around. From the fear of seeing him in such pain to the absolute incompetence of the medical staff. I've heard tell that this hospital has a brutal reputation and I'm hoping they don't represent most American Health institutions.

We still have no idea what's wrong with Chad but he's well enough to function on a day to day basis now.

My foot has been causing me a lot of trouble. It's finally healing a bit but not 100% yet. My gym has annoyed me beyond recognition but my massive headache is disallowing me from getting into that.

Let's See... Oh Yes, Mother's Day!

This is always an interesting day for me. Well it has been for the past two years. I've never given birth. I don't really consider myself a 'mother' so to speak. Yes, I have Step-Children but 3 of the 4 have their own Mom's active in their life. Haven is the one who needs me the most and it's because of her that I allow this day to be 'for me'. I'm not the best parental figure, I don't necessarily have those mother instincts but I try to help her be a better person. I want her to know she has someone in her corner who is rooting for her success. So it feels really nice when my effort or contributions are recognized. Not that I need people to bow down to me and show their appreciation but this was a tough life for me to take on. Family, kids, responsibilities I never images or envisioned for myself. And now, basically everything I do is for the family. Very little for myself. So it's nice that at least for one day a year - that is recognized :)

I have a certificate to the spa to get a pedicure which I've been dying to have ever since I had my last one. I just need my foot to get a little more on the better side. And then Chad surprised me with a new blender. My old (fabulous and terribly missed) blender broke. We had a cheap-o stand in but it was worth about as much as we paid. It'll be nice to have this now that the weather is warming up!

I recently connected with Haven's aunt. Haven's mother passed when Haven was very young - 2 or 3 years old. Her mother's family hasn't really been in Haven's life much at all so it was nice that her aunt reached out to try and follow along in Haven's life. After a few exchanges she mentioned about wanting to come back to Kentucky to visit her sister's grave - which got me thinking. I guess I knew Haven's mom was buried around here but it never even occurred to me that Haven should be visiting and up-keeping the plot.

Needless to say, it felt so akward to bring it up and even more ackward to take her there but she wanted to and when she was finished visiting - said it made her feel really happy. So I'm glad we went. It was an adventure to find it but I do so without trouble and it was very, VERY touching to see her trot down the hill as she likely did as a young girl to visit her mother's resting place. I didn't go with her, I wanted her to have privacy but I did capture the moment.


I hope to make regular visits now so that Haven can feel a little closer to her Mom and so we can care for the grave a little better. She hasn't much family around other than Haven so we need to do her proud :)

Alright, time to get back to work. I'll write again in a few weeks ;)


No comments: